analytics

Monday, June 25, 2012

Lemon Fusilli with Arugula


Hello there! It has been years since I last updated, and I apologize deeply for that! But, I am restarting my little food blog. :)
This dish is one of my favorites to make, and is always a hit in my home. The recipe is adapted from Ina Garten. I added chicken to the pasta, which brings an extra dimension of flavor and makes the dish, imo. It’s very easy to make as well.
Ingredients:
  • 1 tbs olive oil
  • 1 tbs (2 cloves) minced garlic
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 3 lemons
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 bunch broccoli
  • 1 pound dried fusilli pasta (bowties)
  • 1/2 pound baby arugula /2 bunches regular arugula, leaves cut in thirds
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 pint grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 roasterie chicken, cut into bite size pieces (I got mine already made from Target)
Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and add the garlic, cooking for 60 seconds. Add the cream, the zest and juice from 2 lemons, 2 tsps of salt and a 1 tsp of pepper, Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until it thickens.
  2. Cut the broccoli into florets and discard the stem. Cook in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes. Drain the broccoli and shock in cold ice water to stop the cooking, set aside.
  3. Cook the pasta according to directions on the box (about 12 minutes). Drain pasta and put back in pot. 
  4. Add the cream sauce and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes. 
  5. Pour the pasta into a large bowl (I used a giant bowl for this), add the arugula, tomatoes, cheese, chicken, and broccoli. Cut the last lemon in half and slice thinly, add it to the pasta. Toss well and serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I try to respond to each one in a timely manner, and your feedback is appreciated very much! ~Courtney