analytics

Friday, November 5, 2010

Hello!


My name is Courtney. I like to watch the Cooking Channel.
Actually, I’m quite obsessed with it. When I was young I remember sitting on an old green recliner, watching Emeril Live on our widescreen tv. At that point I told my mother, “I want to learn how to cook. I want to watch the Food Network everyday and be like Emeril.” The next day she took me shopping for a cookbook. I picked out a cookbook by Emeril for young kids. It was titled “Emeril’s There’s a Chef in my Family!: Recipes to Get Everybody Cooking”. I remember trying out the recipes in the book. I wanted more. I wanted to cook more, learn more, try new things. I was a very picky eater before I started to watch the Food Network. I was inspired to try new foods at restaurants. I was open to new dishes, new ingredients, new tastes.
I am now eighteen years old and a college student. I'm currently studying English/literature, then planning on transferring to UCF and majoring in photography. I hope to go to culinary school afterwards. I almost always have the Cooking Channel on my tv. Even if I’m not watching it, it is on in the background. I was vegetarian for half a year, and after becoming an omnivore again, I had expanded my pallet. I fell in love with couscous, tried a mushroom for the first time in my life (My mom detests them and makes a face whenever they are mentioned), and being vegetarian was almost a challenge: finding something other than chicken to order at a restaurant.
This blog used to be on tumblr, but I decided to move it here. It will contain recipes from my cookbook collection and such, food photography, perhaps some reviews of restaurants. Food is my favorite thing to photograph, hands down. I often linger in my college's library in the cookbook section. I'm always learning new techniques, new recipes. 
I hope you enjoy my little blog from a Sunburst Kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I try to respond to each one in a timely manner, and your feedback is appreciated very much! ~Courtney